IOIA offers the following information as a member service. No employment is implied or guaranteed by these postings. Information will be posted for a limited time.
IOIA Seeking Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
Salary: $14 - $18 per Hourly
Number of Openings: 2
1) Full-Time & 1) Part-Time – Please state the type of position you are seeking.
The successful applicant for Administrative Assistant / Office Manager must be self-motivated; have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude;
and the capability to answer questions and determine the appropriate
course of action relative to incoming messages, calls, or requests.
Applicant must have good customer service skills, which include conflict resolution.
Desired skills include attention to details; high level of accuracy; ability to maintain hard copy and digital files in an organized manner and retrieve requested documents; and manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
Additional skills include timely and effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication. Applicant must also have expertise in compiling and analyzing data from multiple sources, the ability to follow written and oral directions and instructions, and the proficiency to research data to identify and resolve a wide variety of problems and issues.
Required computer skills include word processing, spreadsheet, internet, and database applications. The position requires the ability to analyze situations accurately and be able to take prompt, effective action. It is important that the successful applicant has the capability to exercise discretion and judgment in handling information in a timely manner.
Interest in and/or experience working with nonprofit organization engaged in organic agriculture and food is a plus. Adult education experience would also be helpful.
Requirement for Employment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 2 years two years job related work experience
- Social Media /Internet Experience
Please submit a current resume with references. Please answer these supplemental questions.
1. Describe your experience working as an Administrative Assistant and/or
Receptionist. Specify the number of years in either background. Provide
specific details on your duties completed.
2. Please provide the number of years you have used Microsoft Excel, Word,
and Outlook and provide detailed description of the type(s) of tasks
completed in each application.
3. Please provide information on your experience using the Internet in a
work related situation.
4. Do you want to be informed before we contact your present employer?
High School Diploma
Submit resumé, answers to questions, and references to Margaret Scoles by
email to email@example.com with "Office Manager/Administrative
Assistant" in the subject line.
Client Manager - IOAS
The details can be seen at the following link : http://www.ioas.org/jobs/ Deadline April 7.
Certification Specialist - OEFFA
OEFFA seeks a successful applicant who will join a team of bright and passionate individuals who are committed to upholding the integrity of the organic label and furthering the sustainable agriculture movement. Please consider applying if you have experience with food and agriculture, a strong work ethic, and value a collaborative approach. During this round of hiring OEFFA will give strong preference to individuals who have experience with livestock production and/or food processing.
Link to Full Employment Post: http://oeffa.org/documents/OEFFACertificationSpecialistApril2017.pdf
Food Safety Auditor Position with Control Union Certifications
Program Coordinator II for the Organic Certification Program
Clemson University Department of Plant Industry is currently accepting applications for the position of Program Coordinator II for the Organic Certification Program. Interested candidates may apply online here: http://www.clemson.edu/employment/prospective/findjobs.html
The job notice is as follows:
Program Coordinator II, Job ID 101431
Location: Westinghouse Road, 511, Pendleton, SC
Regular/Temporary – Time Limited
Standard Hrs: 37.5; Band: 06 ($ 39,960.00 - $ 45,000.00)
Employees who are in time limited positions will earn one and one-quarter days of Annual and Sick Leave per month for a total of thirty (30) days per year. Eligible part-timers will earn days on a pro rata basis.
JOB SUMMARY: This position will be responsible for the coordination of the Organic Certification Program by reviewing organic system plans submitted by producers to determine compliance with the National Organic Program (NOP); providing technical assistance related to NOP compliance for new and renewing clients; participating in program policy development; coordinating program accreditation renewal; and developing and implementing educational and marketing materials to enhance customer service and expand client base.
- Review organic system plans submitted by new and renewing clients in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring completeness and compliance with the NOP standards. Verify allowed/prohibited substances of inputs and confirm that appropriate records are included in system plan to document compliance.
- Essential - Coordinate program implementation and daily administrative activities such as scheduling inspections, conducting inspections, directing residue sampling and maintaining/updating program documents and forms as needed.
- Essential - Apply knowledge of organic regulations and certification procedures to coordinate customer service and technical assistance for clients in a consistently professional manner. Provide direction and guidance for maintenance and updates to the program's website and on-line database ensuring that information is current and accessible.
- Essential - Coordinate the program's NOP accreditation renewals and manage correspondence with NOP administration via phone, mail and email. Attend relevant workshops, conferences and trade shows presenting program information and promoting the services of the department to potential clients and the general public.
- Essential - Review program goals, objectives and measures to ensure compatibility with university, PSA and department mission; assess and report on program progress toward goals and objectives. Remain current with changes in NOP standards and guidance documents to alert and advise the administration regarding program compliance issues. Stay current with changes in the NOP standards.
A bachelor's degree and relevant program experience.
Bachelor's Degree in an agricultural discipline related to plant, animal or food science and 5 years related work experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 28, 2017
Washington State Dept. of Agriculture Organic Program
Request for bids - 2017 inspection season. Please click here for full details.
New Mexico Dept of Ag. Inspector/Certifier (Organic Program)
Emergency Hire/Term Position
Please see the job announcement on the NMDA website for further details. https://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/27242
MULTIPLE CERTIFICATION OFFICER JOB OPENINGS
Oregon Tilth is seeking five Certification Officers (CO) to join our Farm and Processing certification teams. Telecommute option is available for all positions.
Oregon Tilth is a fast growing non-profit that offers organic certification services both nationally and internationally. We are looking for two Farm Program CO’s and two Processing Program CO’s. Responsibilities of the Certification Officers include evaluating operations for compliance with the standard including assessing new applicants for certification, reviewing inspection reports from on-site operation visits, and mid-year changes to the certified operation. Responsibilities may also include some inspection work and travel to operations to verify compliance.
We are also seeking one dual program Certification Officer (Farm and Processing). The dual program CO will primarily perform on site inspections of organic operations in addition to other standards. This position will consist of regular travel and will be responsible for evaluating farm, livestock and handling operations. The position may also incorporate the following responsibilities: evaluating operations for compliance with the standard including assessing new applicants for certification, reviewing inspection reports from on-site operation visits, and mid-year changes to the certified operation. The person applying for this position must be based in the Midwest.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter by 5pm on February 10th, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Oregon Tilth, 2525 SE 3rd Street, Corvallis, OR, 97330. Late applications will not be accepted. Be sure to identify the position desired in your cover letter.
Full Announcement: http://tilth.org/about/careers/
QCS seeking Organic Processing/Handling Certification Coordinator
Quality Certification Services (QCS) is seeking a full-time staff Organic Processing/Handling Certification Coordinator. This position is based out of the main QCS office located in Gainesville, FL.
To view the official job posting and full job description, please visit the QCS website, at http://www.qcsinfo.org/job-announcements/.
OEFFA is Hiring!
We're looking for three individuals to help us support the growing organic community in Ohio and beyond in 2017. If you or someone you know might be interested in joining our team, please take a look at the following opportunities:
Certification Program Administrative Assistant
OMRI is looking for a Product Review Coordinator
Product Review Coordinators are responsible for completing technical reviews and making recommendations on input materials for use in organic production. The Product Review Coordinator reports to a Review Program Technical Supervisor. Qualified candidates will have a background in a natural science related field, an understanding and familiarity with organic food systems and food and agriculture regulation, as well as strong organizational and team skills, and outstanding communication skills. The position is located in our office in Eugene, Oregon (Learn more about the City of Eugene.)
- Review inputs for OMRI Listing (60%)
- Review ingredients, production processes, marketing materials, lab reports, certifications, etc. for inputs (e.g. fertilizers, feed additives, pesticides) to determine compliance with established organic standards.
- Follow up with applicants to acquire any information needed to ensure a complete review.
- Prepare and present review findings, and make recommendations about whether specific products meet organic standards and should be listed by OMRI.
- Determine compliance based on findings presented by other team members.
- Record and manage data related to reviewed products in OMRI's Products Database.
- Monitor continued compliance of OMRI listed products by conducting ongoing compliance reviews and other technical reviews as needed.
- Provide customer service to OMRI Listed suppliers and applicants (10%)
- Provide clarification of complex technical information, and respond to questions from suppliers and applicants via phone and e-mail.
- Provide status notifications to applicants.
- Attend and participate in technical meetings (10%)
- In the context of technical team and review panel meetings, participate in discussions of products and processes, including discussing difficult or unique issues with products under review, advising on final decisions regarding products, and reviewing process improvement and consistency issues.
- Participate in technical, educational, and organization projects (10%)
- Represent the Review Program on organizational wide task-forces and project teams, as requested.
- Complete research or special projects such as technical reports or educational materials, as requested.
- Participate in process improvement and quality assurance efforts (5%)
- Write and update work instructions, checklists, and documentation related to the OMRI Review Program as requested.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of product reviews.
- Promote OMRI's work and assist with efforts to educate customers about organic inputs (5%)
- Prepare newsletter articles, FAQs, and other written materials about OMRI's work and the organics industry.
- Represent OMRI at tradeshows and organic industry events, including speaking on panels and at conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, physics, biology, geology or a related field. Agricultural focus preferred.
- Understanding and familiarity with organic food systems, food and agriculture regulation, or chemistry
- Strong customer service skills
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Willingness to participate in professional development activities, and ability to acquire new skills and adapt to change quickly
- Ability to work constructively as part of a dynamic team
- Proficiency in standard office software
- High level of attention to detail and ability to process complex information and instructions
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, organize information, complete tasks in a timely fashion, and appropriately handle confidential business information
- 2-3 years of experience working a food processing, organic production, or other regulated industry preferred
- Public speaking skills and experience
- Familiarity with standardized procedures such as ISO 17065
- Project coordination and planning skills
- Full time position with competitive salary.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plan
- Retirement plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Opportunities for flexible scheduling
- Opportunities for training and course work
- Small nonprofit organization with established team and demonstrated commercial success
- Casual, fun work environment
Deadline Open until filled
How to apply
Submit your resume and cover letter as a PDF or Word document to email@example.com referencing Product Review Coordinator in the subject line. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone Calls, Please.
CCOF is currently hiring for two positions
PCO is currently hiring for two positions
Director of Marketing & Development: Pennsylvania Certified Organic (PCO) announces an opening for Director of Marketing and Development. This director will lead the Education and Outreach Team and oversee PCO’s resource development, education and outreach, marketing and public relations programs. The ideal candidate will have education and experience in the following areas: writing proposals and securing funding, conducting community education and outreach, and leading marketing initiatives.
We are looking for a well-organized and self-motivated person to join our team. This position is based in our Spring Mills, PA, office. Remote work locations will be considered.This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary: $55,000 - $65,000, depending on experience. Benefits: health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; Simple IRA, generous holiday, vacation and paid time off. Position will remain open until filled. A full job description is available on our website www.paorganic.org/jobs. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ideal candidate will have education and / or experience in accounting functions including, but not limited to: accounts payable/receivable, generating financial reports, performing journal entries, etc. We are looking for a well-organized and self-motivated person to join our team-oriented environment in Spring Mills, Pennsylvania. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Salary: $40,000 - $50,000, depending on experience. Benefits: health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; Simple IRA, generous holiday, vacation and paid time off. Position will remain open until filled. A full job description is available on our website www.paorganic.org/jobs. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.